I absolutely cannot believe it... but Gabriel is already 1 month old! And honestly I wish people would stop telling me to enjoy every minute because it's going to fly by... we already know! Thinking about how fast it's going just makes the pregnancy hormones go crazy again. ;-) He's our sweet little angel and we're so glad he's healthy and happy and has blessed us for a whole month.
Gabriel fun facts:
- So strong! He can hold his head up for 30 seconds or so and he's constantly trying to move more and hold his head more.
- Still doesn't have good control of his limbs, especially his arms/hands. He regularly smacks himself in the face (sometimes really hard!). He's scratched himself hard enough to draw blood 2 or 3 times too - when mom doesn't get his nails cut daily.
- Loves looking at stuffed animals and occasionally reaches for them. He likes his lion, his Pooh blanket, and his Silly Monkey blanket. He also likes the little bug rattles designed to hang. They're hanging by his changing table and play pen and are a good distraction. If it makes noise - he enjoys it. He really likes his "kicky piano" too.
- He sleeps just about anywhere: our arms, our chest, wrap carrier, stroller, swing, bouncy seat, play pen, cradle, couch, bed. We still use the SleepSack at night to try and help subdue him. It seems to help. And the SleepSheep sounds help push him to sleep as well. He sleeps through the dog barking, the vacuum running, and Philip making lattes.
- He's still in newborn size diapers and clothes. We've tried size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes but both are still a little too big. And he's still swimming in the cloth diapers! His thighs need to fill out to actually fill/close the leg holes in those diapers.
- He'll sleep for 3-4 hour stretches at night pretty regularly. Lots of naps through the day, sometimes only 20 minutes sometimes over an hour.
- Mom's favorite nickname is currently "Goober" and dad's are "People Pooper," after a blow-out diaper incident, and "Mr. Toots."